"We Are Big Enough To Serve...Yet Small Enough to Care"
S.A. Calouro Construction
Helping you make the right choices
Q: How do I know if I am choosing the right contractor?
A: Here are some tips for choosing a reliable contractor:
- Did he provide a written estimate on a company letterhead with a license number and a home improvment contractors number?
- Find someone else if a contractor insists on cash payment or a big lump sum prior to the start.
- Are the contractors licenses & registrations valid.
- Did the contractor offer you a legitimate business card?
- Ask for proof of liability and workmans comp insurance.
- Check to see if the contractor is registered with the Better Buisness Bureau and check their record with them.
- How long has the contractor been in business and can he/she provide references from previous customers?
Q: Why should I use a Design & Build contractor?
A: There are several advantages to working with a Design & Build contractor. Advantages include a controlled final cost, working with only with one entity, and freedom to begin construction before the entire design is complete. For more information about S.A. Calouro Construction Design & Build services, please contact us directly.
Q: How do I know if I need a new roof?
A: Here are some of the following signs that may indicate that your roof needs replacing:
- Missing, cracked or curling shingles
- Leakage in the attic after heavy rain (Check around chimneys & vent pipes)
- Stains on interior walls or ceilings
Q: How often should I clean my gutters?
A: Gutters should be cleaned at least once in the summer and twice in the fall.
Q: Can heavy snow damage my roof?
A: Yes! It is important to keep heavy snow off your roof and clear of your ridge vent as well as removing ice dams.